Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Hats!

I was just wondering how many hats (meaning how many different roles I've been in) I've worn in the last week so I wanted to jot them down. I just need to see what I accomplish when I look around at my house that's perpetually a mess and noise.
Starting with:
I'm an alarm clock, a singing telegram, a signer of documents, a lunch provider, a hairstylist, a calming counselor, an organizer, a declutterer, a soother of souls, a mediator, a shoulder to cry on, a rule maker, a rule breaker, a chauffeur to multiple children, and that's all before 8am.
Then:
I am a patriot and flag hanger, laundress, a dishwasher, a clearer, a pile sorter, again a chauffeur for many appointments and errands, grocery shopper, bargain hunter, birthday organizer and planner ( 2 in Oct.), penny pincher, email letter writer, Visiting Teacher, friend, mother, comforter, provider of nourishment and nap for Ben, bill payer and sorter, and daughter pleading on my knees. Did I mention dictator, maid, authoritative voice of reason?
Then:
I am a taxi, a mom, a dancer, a hide and seek player, a shoulder to cry on or best friend to cheer on, a tutor, a critical thinker, an English professor (college comes in handy), a fighter for righteousness, again the mediator, laundress, chef for dinner, and now enters the PTO involved mom, the Scout Advancement lady, Sunday School teacher, piano teacher, book reader, MIA supporter, maker of treats, wife, lover, confidant, and finally blogger! No wonder I'm always on the verge of sleep and exhausted!
I just wondered where my time went and had to write it all down. I feel better now.

2 comments:

The Gag-nears said...

I love this post! the one I wonder about the most is "rule breaker". Hmm... Wish I could be there to break some rules with you! You are also amazing at each one of these things. Wow! It felt good to read that. You are wonderful!

Teanne said...

You have so many hats! I can't believe how busy you are. I think it's crazy around here w/ 3 kids, I can't imagine life w/ 6. Keep up the good work. You are a great mom. I'm sure your kids appreciate you and all your hard work (if they don't now, they will someday).