Monday, September 22, 2008

Jarom's Sprained Finger

September 16th- Evening
A blessing it's not broken - Jarom's sprained pinky!
Tuesday night Jarom was wrestling with a friend who was over and they were on the tile so I told them to calm down and stop wrestling. Sure enough, a few moments later Jarom begins screaming in pain. I have to admit it took me a while to be sympathetic. The pinky started to swell and turn purple and blue. I figured it wasn't broken because he had good range of motion but we put ice on it and taped it and he went to bed. He woke up in the middle of the night hurting even with Tylenol. The next day was Early Release from school so I waited until after school to take him in to Urgent Care. He had to go to the nurse during school for an ice pack. I figured I'd take him after I picked up Brennen's glasses. I took Brennen and Jarom with me. We picked up Brennen's glasses and then took Jarom to Urgent Care. They X-rayed it and it wasn't broken. The Dr. didn't even tape it for him because he seemed fine. Of course I get the drama at home of all the pain and I taped it up for him again. It hurt for about a week and seems to be healing this week. Cute boy! Where does his endless energy come from?

3 comments:

joni said...

Can you get some excitment in your life, it sounds like it is just boring at your house! HA HA! Way to endure it all, you amaze me!

The Gag-nears said...

Jaroms energy comes from being the 4th of 4 boys! He sure is cute! Hope his figer heals okay! No more wrestling until he is on a team or something!

Lynnette said...

Oh, the joy of so many boys! Hopefully you avoid anymore injuries for awhile!