Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 9 - Jarom's 9th Birthday!!! And Tired Ben & Brookly's Spelling Bee











We woke up and quickly got dressed and had breakfast so we could call Wes and do Jarom's presents. Jarom got Kerplunk, pez, fireworks, cards and money, and his new bike!! He was so excited! Alex had assembled it for us and kept it at the nursery until Monday night when we snuck it into the office under a cloth. What fun!
Then Ben and I got the kids off to school and went to Preschool. Ben was a nightmare! He was so grouchy and he didn't want to sit by Skylar so he said he didn't like her and didn't want to sit by her. He cried when I told him to go to time out or sit by her since that was the only seat left. Ben dawdled doing his new number "5" and didn't get to choose where to sit. He had a meltdown and had to leave class. I should have taken him home then! He eventually came in and said sorry but he said he needed help to say it. I told him I'm not the one who screamed at my friends and made them feel bad so he had to say it, not me. I did walk with him as he clung to my leg dragging as long as possible to not have to say it. During his fit the rest of class did the 5 paper and he missed it. He then began to cut his little book out because Ben D. left his seat and gave it to Ben. Oh what a morning! Then it was time to make gingerbread houses. They had to share the little red plates with the candy on it and get a partner. I told Ben to partner with Tessa since Ben D. had already chosen someone else. Ben decided he didn't want a partner and for 15 minutes threw a fit about not sharing. He ran away from me around the preschool table. I took him out again and he still came back fussy and angry and not wanting to be Tessa's partner. I had Tessa get her house to decorate and made Ben wait until she started so he sat by her with the candy plate. Then he was OK with me right there. He was so tired and unreasonable I wonder if he's also sick. Maybe just 4 yrs old and not enough sleep. Class ended and it was time to go home and go downstairs. Ben pulled out the blocks and dumped them and began to string the beads on because he didn't get free time today. I told him I was leaving and he cried and screamed that I'm stupid and I'm mean and he doesn't want me at school. OK, at least once a day I hear I'm mean- but stupid, no! In the meantime the teacher is telling me that her friend whose child has anger issues just keeps him home when he wakes up grouchy and I'm thinking, "If I knew Ben was going to act this way I would have kept him home and we both would have napped!!" Now I'm not too sure how he'll be on Thursday for the big Christmas party and Santa. Ben just wouldn't go to bed last night. He peered into my room after 10pm when I was talking to Wes. That's because he did fall asleep on the couch yesterday (and wet it). JOY!! I want him to be little but not do little boy tantrums. Any ideas how?
So after this fun morning I had to take him to Walmart to get doughnuts for Jarom's class for his birthday with me. He actually did fine there with his popcorn chicken and then he loved seeing Jarom and hugging him and eating doughnuts with him. At least that went well:)
Almost time to pick up kids now.
I went to the school and forgot that Brookly and Brennen have Science Club and Jarom was staying for Fun and Fitness. Then I went at 3:15 to get Brookly and she wanted to stay for Fun and Fitness so 2 wasted trips:) Ben was tired but didn't fall asleep so I'm hoping for him to go to bed with no problem tonight. Dallin wanted to go to Trevor's but I told him he had to come home and do homework with his grades so poor. I put together the Christmas cards and Dallin ran a few to the mail for me. We'll send the rest tomorrow.
Brookly won her class Spelling Bee! She will go to the school Spelling Bee in January. I told her we are excited and to just do her best! She is so darling!
Jarom and I went to dinner at Red Robin and first we stopped at Kripsy Kreme for his free dozen birthday doughnuts. They gave him an extra chocolate custard filled:) He's just so cute no one can resist! We had fun at dinner and the waiter was super nice and gave us a huge order of fries to take home for free. Jarom had a free kid's meal for his birthday so what a great, cheap date! Jarom loved his ice cream sundae and we missed Wes so much.
We brought home the goodies for the kids here and had our Christmas devotional and the boys are still doing homework. We did "The Other Wise Man" and I thought of Grandpa Sheppard and Christmas Eve with the Sheppards and the Nativity each year. I love the traditions of Christmas! Josh went to run for Cross Country. Dallin got squirrely and wasn't doing homework so I sent him to bed. He was just bugging everyone. Ben only got up once tonight so far...
Jarom, I love you!
Dear Jarom,
You are an amazing boy! You radiate joy and it spreads to everyone you meet! I loved looking at your baby blessing with you that said you would be a joy! Especially because you are my most special Christmas gift, the word JOY just seems to fit you so well. You are happy and bring happiness to all around you. It was so fun to get your presents and see your face light up each time you opened one. I loved our date for your birthday! Daddy wishes he could have been here too. Thank you for your cheerful attitude and help around the house. When you work it helps others to do their jobs more cheerfully as well.
You are so bright and have such great potential. You are still at the top of your class and can do anything your teacher challenges you with. I love that she makes you grow and learn, not just do what comes easy. You are a good friend to your brothers and sister as well as your friends. You have the mischievous smile that helps you get away with so much! You want to be good and choose the right and this is so important for your life. You care about others feelings and want to help.
You like piano, reading, and are so good at acting. I know it was hard to not get the part you wanted but you are sticking it out. You've had to say goodbye to friends who have moved this year and we've cried together when Dad is gone on travel. I love your tender heart. It's alright to be sad when you miss those you love. Always remember our Heavenly Father is there to listen to your sad and happy times. You can feel Him near as you listen to the Holy Ghost and follow his promptings. Our Savior, Jesus Christ paid the price for all our sorrow and sin and He is there for you with open arms. Follow Him and learn who He is so you can be like Him. He is your best friend and will never leave you. I know He's there and that He lives today. I know as you follow the teachings of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints you will be happy. I love the scriptures and know the answers are there.
I love you Jarom and am blessed to be your Mom. I love our time together. You are awesome!
All My Love,
Mom

No comments: