Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 7-Sunday

Well we got ready for church and I wrote a talk for Ben and took all the stuff for my Sunbeams. In Sacrament they released me and put me in as the Nursery Leader even though they said they'd wait until Wes got home. I felt very emotional and tears came as Ben leaned over and said," Are you going to be my teacher anymore?" I told him no and he said he didn't want anyone else. "I want you!" he kept repeating. I don't want to leave him. I talked to the old Nursery leader and asked for one more week so I can finish the Christmas lesson, ornaments for parents, and the kid's gifts. This is very hard for me. Our Primary President didn't know she was losing me so I don't know who will take my Sunbeams.
We came home after church and our neighbor and friend, Denise, had made us dinner. Rolls, beef stew and cake were a wonderful Christmas gift from her:) What a blessing! The kids played Monopoly and it ended thrown everywhere beause someone cheated. We got ready and ewnt to the Stake Music Fireside. Brookly was singing and I invited the Pena's but they were tired and offered instead to watch Ben. He had a blast there and it was the big boys who couldn't stay quiet at the performance. I had to keep moving them apart for giggling and talking. I did make the boys clean up the game when we got home and it was another late night. So hard to not have Wes hear our angel Brookly sing Silent Night. Only 3 girls showed up so you could hear her quite well. She wore her Christmas dress and was so beautiful! I love my girl!
I called Wes as we left the church and had a mini emotional breakdown. It just seems so overwhelming and makes me so sad when he misses these big things. I know we are blessed to have a job but it just feels like too long until he's home again. We had to answer so quickly and I wish we had other options. The kids all mention to me how much they miss him or when will Dad be home. Jarom especially this week for his birthday. It was an emotionally hard day.
Wes and I talked with Dallin about the music and he was defensive but we took his iPod for a while because he downloaded without permission or approval. Someday he'll realize we do these things because we love him, not to make his life more difficult. Maybe when he has a 16 yr old of his own.

No comments: