Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 2


I woke up at 6am and Dallin had not gotten up yet for Seminary at 6:30am. I woke him up and he hustled out the door on time:) Dallin remember to take his Tux to get it fitted for his concert Thurs. He has to go after school since he has the truck. We bought it from Lesueur's and they guarantee it to fit through high school by just paying for alterations. Not a bad deal for Band and Prom's:)
I hurried the other kids and put the mail for Mom and Dad Gardner under the mat because they are going home to Pinetop today after being here for the funeral and we got the mail after we saw them yesterday. Today was preschool with Ben so that means everyone has to be ready and out the door on time. My elementary kids were on time today and things looked good. Ben had his bath and was dressed before we left for the Brinton run. I came back and Randi had texted about carpool. I told her I could do Tues and Thurs morning since I take Ben to preschool close to Jr. High anyway. (I had previously told her no carpool this 2 weeks with Wes gone and Dallin having the truck) This should work out nicely.
So off to school we took Josh and Adaline. Ben loves sending Josh off with the window down and yelling "I love you Josh. I miss you. Have a good day!" They are so cute! Josh reaches through the window and hugs Ben and all seems right in the world:) Then we got to preschool and had a fun day of crafts and learning the letter L. Ben worked hard with a little persuasion to get free time. He is a perfectionist and likes to take his time to do things well. This will someday be a blessing! Right now it's a challenge to see him not finished when the other kids get to play waiting for him. He has to have the new letters look exactly as they should or he erases them and does it over. He writes his own name and is progressing socially. This has been a huge blessing for him! Today was a special Christmas craft class after school and so he got to bring his lunch. He brought one of my homemade rolls from Sunday and he loves those! He stayed out playing a little too long and didn't quite make the toilet. I washed out his underwear and Tiffany gave me some other clothes from her Ben to wear home. My sweet Ben would not wear them. He insisted that Ben would be mad and would not put them on. I told him he was missing the crafts and I'd have to take him home if he didn't put pants on. So he put on the pants I had washed off. What an adventure! After class I told him he needed a bath when we got home and he called me stupid and spit at me and called me poopy and told me he didn't need a bath because he took one this morning. Oh, the logic of my little 4 year old. This was on the way home so I told him he'd get time out. He fell asleep on the way home... He has a slight cold and went to bed at 9 last night which is past bedtime for him so I think he was just extra cranky. Poor kid!
I checked my phone and saw that my Mom had called and she told me that my cousin Chanda Sheppard-Frost, the one in Germany with her husband Shawn in the military, has a little 7 yr old who was just diagnosed with leukemia. These are the Sheppard cousins that we grew up with and this is Myrna and Bill's daughter who have us to the family dinners on Fast Sunday. My heart is breaking for them. They are so far away. Darla, her older sister, and her family are 3 1/2 hrs away in France but that's still so far... Words just don't seem adequate for the sadness I feel for them.
Then I got home and there was a message on the machine that my Jarom was tackled playing a game at recess and has hurt his head. A kid landed on his head. They can't give him Tylenol so that they don't mask any symptoms of head injury. My sweet Jar wanted to stay at school when I called back and talked to him in the nurses's office. Oh, the joy of boys I say!
I'm off to do dishes and laundry before the afternoon carpools start and Brennen's Dr. Checkup for his allergies that have been giving him a hard time.
Checkup went well and even got a sample of Singulair so we saved a bundle. I made Zuppa Tuscana soup and we had it with the rolls. Dallin rushed off to do service hours for Honor Society by helping with a canned food drive at the choir concert. The rest of us headed to Josh's concert and he was great! He played the timpani and the bells. We came home and I asked the kids to pull together to pick up the family room. I tried to get out a sliver for Brookly in her foot. I'm just not good at that stuff. After some work together we did our Christmas devotional and I called Wes. I wrote down the to do list and organized my thoughts. I got to bed about 10:30pm and Josh was still doing homework.

No comments: