Thursday, February 4, 2010

What a ride!

OK, bear with me as I recap what a day this has been and it's really just an average day in our life of adventures. I need to write it down so I feel I accomplished something when I look at the mess still lying around here. Last night Brennen went to bed with a migraine and Wes got home early to run to Walmart and get some Tylenol for Brennen, early being 9pm instead of after 11pm like all week. He still had homework he had to finish.
This morning I got up at 6:30am and got breakfast for the kids and woke up Dallin, Brennen, and Jarom. Brookly had already woken up and was getting cereal. In the midst of our morning routine Ben awoke and was definitely not ready to face the day. He laid on the couch and informed me he was not going to take the kids to school with me. That's OK, I thought, I'll just get him ready in between runs to school. So off we went at 7:30am to take Brinton kids and then Dallin and Gabby to Skyline. Forgot to send Open Enrollment forms with both sets of kids even though I religiously filled them out last week. Filled out teacher request forms last night as well and forgot those. Ahhh, tomorrow will work to turn them in just as well. So I returned from the first 2 carpools and Ben was still on the couch and now demanding breakfast. Wes was still home - not a good sign and Josh hadn't showered yet. Then I knew my 1/2 hour to shower and get myself ready would not happen yet. I put Ben in the bath and he protested the whole time. I did feed him oatmeal along the way. I did chance the shower and just left for carpool with wet hair. We took Josh and the Gray girls at 8:30am to Smith Jr. High and got home around 9am. I finished getting ready and primed Ben with a movie while I figured out the ad matches for Walmart. We got to Walmart by 10am and after 2 hours of ad matching and fighting Ben and swearing I'll never take him again... (He knows better for Walmart though, we run out of food and I get desperate every 2 weeks) we left with most of our list and semi-sane. I got home aorund noon and put away most of the groceries and by then decided that Ben's nap wasn't going to happen. He didn't want the lunch I fixed anyway. He watched a movie while I began price matching car insurance.
After a few hours and much stress with online passwords and finding what we currently have and contacting 4 different companies-we saved $200 every 6 months for now, and over $2000 every 6 months once Dallin is a driver on our policy. Yes, indeed he gets his permit in 23 days. So I felt quite accomplished but had to bug Wes a bit at work to finish all of this. Now remember that I had to stop at 2:15pm to pick up kids from school. Dallin stayed for tutoring so I got him at 4pm and Josh gets a ride home. So only $457.00 for car insurance now until Dallin turns 16. Then $854. Instead of $2,622 every 6 months. Home insurance will have to wait. It seemed alright for now.

During my phone call to change to Geico, the KVAR guy showed up and Wes had sent him to install a system that should save us a ton on our electric bill. It's advertised on KTAR and Wes got a personal email back form Gatos of the radio show saying it's true. It's technical how it works but should pay for itself by summer with our bills so high. It was another $474.00. Now when the technician left I was on the phone and he took my card number but didn't leave an amount he charged so I had to call the office and clear that up as well.

In the meantime there was the last of the big set of layoffs at Wes's work today. Hard for Wes to concentrate but such a relief that he survived this round. They say this is it for this year. Wes has a ton of work to do now and is currently still at work. It's almost 11pm. We feel blessed!

So, Dallin gets home and I ask him about his Chemistry grade that he'd been trying to pull up. I go to check it online and it's now a 64%. He's going to tutoring and thought he was doing better. He had a 0 on a quiz with a note Poor Effort. What?!? When he comes in for tutoring! So Wes is going next week to talk to the teacher and see what we can do to help Dallin. He says he doesn't know why that comment would be. That was just last Friday for that quiz so we'll see what she says... It will be helpful that we have leverage of NO permit until Chemistry is a B.

Then I decided to check out K9 on the web that my cousin recommended for internet filtering. It's free!!! It's wonderful!!! I had a pretty east time downloading it and it's barking at me now because it's past time to be off the internet. Her stake president recommended it personally to each member and wants the wife to be the only one with the password. Interesting. Check it out if you don't have it, it's great!

Then I did dinner, scriptures and prayers and the bomb of all bombs bath for Ben. He says he wants to be big and then has poop run down his legs because he's too busy to pull down his PullUp so he's back in a diaper tonight. I was so frustrated I couldn't believe it!

So, I fought kids for an hour to get in bed and then went to my room and remembered my VT ladies needed checked on. Too late but I texted and found out that Lauren is on IV meds because she's so sick with this pregnancy. She's 9 weeks and I didnt' know. So I offered dinner for her poor policeman husband and will take it every Friday until she's well. She's getting help for her little 1 yr old Wyatt from her family who lives in Mesa. That's all I can do and I studied my Art Masterpiece to present to Jarom and Brookly's classes tomorrow. Fun but hard to get bsit for Ben each 2 weeks to do it. I take him to the first one and try to get a bsitter for the second. We'll see how the adventure unfolds tomorrow.
Time for my prayers and bed. Don't know when Wes will get home or if he will tonight at all because of the "hot" cable he's having to rework and finish by tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers too.
I think that's most of what happened today. Also a few dishes and some laundry thrown in there so the kids have pants tomorrow. I think I did get Walmart stuff put in the right rooms now at least.

No comments: