Monday, February 22, 2010

Ben, Oh Ben!

Ben's spiderweb!





I just have to put down some of the cute things Ben has done lately. Sunday while we were getting ready he blocked us in with his spiderweb. He had really wrapped it well and tied it to the chairs and was so cute! Notice his big brothers playing Wii in the background and not quite ready for church while Wes was sleeping and I got ready. Wes had only 1 1/2 hours of sleep because of a huge project at work so we tried to let him sleep in while I got ready. This is the result:)
Cute Benisms: While at dinner a few weeks ago Ben announced very loudly that ,"Dad, you are soaking wet!" This was hilarious! At Primary Sunday he announced to the chorister that she was Soaking Wet instead of singing "He Sent His Son". Crazy boy! Then he and his friend Mason began singing Pants on the Ground from a funny you tube video of a guy making fun of the sloppy clothes kids wear. Always good for a laugh.
Last night Dallin came in with his last candybar for sale from his Band fundraiser. He told the kids they could have it if they had $1. Ben quickly found 17 pennies and came in and said, "Dallin, I have lots of money for chocolate. I bring you lots of money." Of course Dallin gave it to him:)
On Feb. 17th Ben was rolling Mom's massage bar on my back that she left here. He randomly said,"Mom, this is like pizza."
On Feb. 16th I announced bedtime and told Ben it was time to get jammies on. He quipped back without hesitation, "I can't. I have to go save the day." He was in his firefighter costume and we had watched Fireproof on Sat. night. Cute boy!!
Just a few minutes ago he pulled a chair up to the fridge where we have any pictures of family that are sent to us. He said, "I want to go to Utah. Right there, in our flag shirts." He was pointing to the reunion picture from the 4th of July in Utah. He then went through each one and said, "Whose that?" He gave me a big hug and said, "Mom, you like Aunt Julie." "I like Aunt Julie." So cute! I had just shown him Jared and Julie in the picture. He loves you all and misses you just like we do!

3 comments:

The Gag-nears said...

That post makes me cry since just today Lily says to me in the car "mom we never visit those cousins with Brookly, what are their names?" i need to start quizzing her on your names I guess. Ben is so big and cute - you're a great mom. Good post.

Teri Sheppard said...

That Ben is such a Blessing to keep the family laughing & happy & he knew if he was to be the caboose, he'd better be cute, & he definately is!!! You are the greatest Mom & your posts are Awesome!!! Love, Mom & Dad

Teanne said...

I'm back to blogging!
Ben is so creative and funny. What a kid! :)
I scrolled down and saw your valentines day post. What cute ideas! I love that. That is cool that you get your whole family involved in such fun ways.
You have a great family!