Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Solvang in CA

We love to find funny signs on our trips and this was a huge joke to look for the Rob-a-bank Banks:)

Ben at the knife shop!



The kids LOVED the poses I made them do!

One of the days in CA, I took the kids to Solvang to check it out since we have Danish ancestors. 91 degrees and I forgot water bottles and no lunch made for a very short, very miserable sightseeing trip. We did drop by the Hans Christian Andersen museum and grabbed huge cookies and water at the deli there. We loved the Farmer's Market and the fresh red grapes. The seller gave the kids a big bag of loose ones for free. Then came the story of the honey. With no prices posted I should have known better... my kids all tasted the chocolate and white spun honey and loved it so I said we wanted one of each of the small tubs. They were the size of the smallest margarine tubs. She asked for $12 and I know my jaw dropped. That was the end of our cash and the end of our trip to Solvang.

No comments: