Monday, September 21, 2009

Dallin is 15!

Like Father, Like Son!
What a great son! I won't be taller much longer:)

Sweet Ben with Dallin on his birthday


August 28th, 2009 did bring lots of fun things. What do you do when the main gift he wanted was a hunting license? We did also take him to dinner at Serranos with us and bring donuts to Seminary.



Dallin and Jarom in CA in summer of 2005. Legoland-what a sweet smile Dallin!

My little ham even when small!

You are so much like your Uncle Jeff:)


Dallin in a sweet moment with Aunt Julie.

OK, for his actual birthday he was doing what he loves by being at his first Marching Band performance for the football game so we didn't see him AT ALL that day! Wow! How time has flown by with this teenager of mine! I can't believe he is 15! Really, 15! I don't feel older and yet I see him growing and learning so quickly I am amazed! I'm not sure where to start! Dallin is such an incredible child! He has been a blessing from the time we first found out I was pregnant, after a heartbreaking 1st pregnancy resulted in miscarriage, and it took another 2 years for that test to say positive! We knew he was our precious miracle baby and definitely spoiled him accordingly. Now he would tell you that the baby in our family (Ben) is always spoiled and yet we feel Dallin is just as cute now as he was then! We lived in our little apartment at 38 N Santa Barbara #2 and he loved our walks across Broadway to a bigger complex that had huge koi to watch. I babysat and he played inside because our yard was literally only 6 feet around our building. So he has adapted well since he was born!

This has been a blessing because we have always felt we wanted the best schools for our children and Dallin has attended Superstition Mtn. Elem, Eagles Aerie Charter School, Legacy Charter School, Superstition Mtn again for 3-5th Grade, Desert Shadown for a horrible 9 weeks of 6th grade, Brinton Elem. for the remainder of 6th, Smith Jr High and now Skyline High. I can truly say he had the best teachers ever and we feel he was well educated in each experience.

He has always been an Honors student and was 5th Grade Student of the Year! He went on to excell in National Jr. Honor Society and is continually doing his Service Learning hours for scholarships.
Dallin has always loved the trumpet and playing has come naturally. So naturally, that he didn't practice much in Jr. High and was almost always the 1st chair. He practices every day now that he's in Marching Band and has loved this experience. I have watched him grow in ways I don't think he would have if he didn't have the discipline to get himself up every morning at 5am and leave by 6am when I am still in bed. He wakes me as he leaves. He excells at trumpet!
Dallin enjoys Scouts and is a Life Scout with goal of Eagle and we are proud of all he has accomplished there as well!

OK so I'm going to try to narrow down the 15 things I love most about Dallin:

1. His energy for life!
2. His love of family.
3. He is an amazing trumpeter!
4. His humor in every situation.
5. His joy in being good.
6. His flexibility.
7. His faith in Heavenly Father as his testimony grows.
8. His love of reading!
9. His strength to lean on when Wes is gone.
10. His sensitivity to siblings.
11. He cleans toilets!
12. He loves hunting and fishing.
13. He is outgoing.
14. He keeps trying.
15. He helps me with electronic gadgets.

My eldest son, you are amazing! I love you and feel honored to be your Mom. I know you feel like we endlessly bug you about texting, studying, and getting to bed sooner but we love you and want what's best for you! Thank you for your goodness and example to your younger brothers and sister. Thank you for your desire to go on a mission and provide for your future family. Thank you for the light you bring to our home. Hang in there! I know it's tough to be a teenager and in just a few months you'll begin a whole new adventure in driving and soon after dating. It truly was yesterday I held you in my arms all night for those earaches. In a blink you have become such a wonderful young man. I love your kind heart and hope you live up to all of your dreams! I wish you the best year ever for this 15th! Happy Birthday Dallin!
Love, Mom

1 comment:

Camie and JD said...

I was just looking at pictures of them and he does remind me a lot of Jeff!!