Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Big Boy Ben!

Watch out world, Ben is 3!!!



Finally got his own scooter!


While we were in California Ben had a special birthday! Ben is obsessed with anything Spiderman and we got anything we could find! I'm not sure where he got this from except he's seen a few Spiderman cartoons. We had to give him the Spiderman scooter early before we left AZ though. He was so cute opening his presents and loved his unique cake! I can't believe my baby is already 3! He was supposed to stay little. I guess it's a telling sign when he even got Spiderman underwear. I don't know where the time has gone but it has flown by!

Ben, you are an amazing joy to me! You have filled my life with love and energy that keeps me sane with Daddy traveling so much. Thank you for your sweet hugs and kisses, yes, even the messy ones on the lips. You love to explore and climb into and on everything. The pantry shelves were once safe, no more! The stovetop and thus the microwave have to constantly be guarded. You almost started a fire by putting in your own oatmeal with no water in the microwave. Your smile lights my day and I feel incredibly blessed to be your Mom. I feel the weight of responsibility to teach you to harness your energy and use it for GOOD! You often make me laugh out loud! You love to play Duck, Duck, Goose and make the funniest faces. You love to follow the big boys and do whatever they are doing. We are working on undoing a few words you've learned from them. Holy crap is not a nice phrase or one that I like to hear from you. Neither is dumb. You think it's hilarious to use the proper work for private parts now that you are potty training and have learned those words. You get a lot of attention for them and I'm sure that's why. You love to build things with your brother's little, tiny Legos! More than with your own big set. You find ways into Brennen and Josh's rooms and you play with the Legos -while locking us all out. You do play for hours if I leave you in there. If it's quiet too long around here I know I better check on you quick. You are fascinated with outlets and you will write on anything you can. You love sharing a room with Jarom and try to help him clean up when you dump every toy in the room. You love bedtime stories, Goodnight Moon being a favorite. You have me sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star - Itsy Bitsy Spider - Little Angel and I Am A Child of God every night before you'll calm down to go to sleep. You love your big boy bed and we find you very late at night reading in your bed with the light on with Jarom fast asleep! I wonder where you got that idea? (All your big brothers maybe?)
Early in August you came out very late at night and you said, "My pillow doesn't work! It's not working!" We were laughing so hard! You say and do the cutest things! That's why it's hard to see you getting so big and losing those baby ways. Ben, I love you so much! Remember you are a special son of our Heavenly Father and He loves you and is always there for you! Go to Him! I love hearing your prayers as you repeat them from us still. You are so close to Him and remind me daily what's really important. I hope I always tell you how much you mean to me and to our family. It was only after you were here that we felt truly fulfilled as a family. It was a long, dificult pregnancy and you wouldn't come until 41 weeks, but I think you wanted a little more heaven before all the noise! It was amazing you went so long because from 24 weeks I had contractions and was sure you'd be early. The changes to my body have helped us decide that you are definitely our caboose and we are thrilled it's YOU! I want to grow old and see you grow! I love you! I am truly blessed!
Love, Mom

No comments: