Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ocotillo Ward Christmas Party!

Narrator Brennen Narrator and Shepherd The hosts of angels
Angel Gabriel - Fear Not!
December 12th
Our Ward Christmas Party was actually pretty stressful for me because our cultural hall was under construction. The kids couldn't run around anywhere and it's just not fun to hold down 6 kids and have them sit still for any amount of time when it's not Sacrament! Our potatoes didn't cook in time so Wes went home to wait for them and I couldn't contain my children. (I know, not my precious angels.) I was so ready to go home as they kept announcing that the parents should please not let children run around and hold them with you. I really felt sarcastic at that one. I was thinking, yeah, come hold one of the 6 for me then. Not even my older ones were helpful that night. So anyway.... I was not in the Christmas spirit at all and then they announced that it was time for the children's nativity scene. I went back to help them dress and was disappointed when they announced that we should not take pictures during the performance so as not to distract from the kids parts. NOT TAKE PICTURES! Now I was ready to walk out the door and walk home! They said we could take some after and I was thinking, sure, like we'll ever get them to restage the whole thing. (OK, I was really in a Grinchy mood by this point, sorry.)

My attitude adjustment came when I saw the curtains open and my Brennen started the whole thing with his narration. Soon Jarom, AKA Angel Gabriel came out and then Angelic Brookly and Shepherd Josh. My heart melted and even thought it didn't get easier to contain Ben, I once again felt the spirit. After they were done I made all the kids stay on stage and restage some of the poses. Maybe not the best pictures in the world but certainly a great memory! I needed reminded what Christmas is really about and that's what was important.

No comments: