Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dallin is 14!

THE NEW PHONE!Other misc. for Birthday that's all second to phone!

My Bugler from Scout Camp!

He's looking up at the flag - what an inspiring picture!

I am so proud of him!
Halloween - will beg for candy
Shep Reunion - When do I get to fish?
My silly moments with tape!


Dallin is 14!


Happy Birthday my Dallinito Burrito - Dally Boy - Dilly, Dally -


Dayin (Ben's name for him)


What can I say? Dallin amazes me with how much he has grown up this past year. All he wanted this year was his own cell phone. We debated, thought, waited, researched, asked friends and family and finally gave in. It was the most economical to just add him to our plan. He was so thrilled! He also got a new black suit for his ordination on Sunday, doughnuts for Seminary, Jamba Juice, new jeans and a new shirt, Cherry Cheesecake, instead of cake and ice cream, and a Chris Botti CD which hasn't come yet. Awesome trumpeter. Check out his website and listen - Love his When I Fall In Love CD and we got Dallin his new Italia CD. He is coming to Gammage in Nov. and even though we couldn't get tickets for Dallin's BDay, I'm not giving up yet on getting there with Dallin. Dallin loved his day and actually didn't get the nap he wanted because of Curriculum Night and Brownies for Brookly. He had to babysit for a while. He also packed for his first big Varsity Campout and Canoe trip tomorrow.

I love this young man who will always be my first baby! We were watching little Dallin on video Sunday and he was so cute! He was singing ABC's and I Am A Child of God. He actually sang that in Sacrament when he was only 3 yrs. old. What a handsome Teacher he is now! I don't know how time flew so fast and you are so talented and incredible on the trumpet, in your school work, babysitting your siblings, sweetness with younger children, President of Deacons quorum, see trouble and steer clear at school, You Amaze Me! I love you Dallin!


By the way, do I need Personal Management Merit Badge skills? I thought I was doing OK but was informed tonight that I need this. Oh, the joy of Scouts and Bro. Fish!
We had a rough day at school with a boy who sits behind Dallin who wrote on his back pack and now has stolen his calculator. What do you do when he's a druggie and Dallin's scared of retaliation?

4 comments:

The Gag-nears said...

Happy Birthday to Dallin! He was born on the best day ever! Okay -so i am biased since it is my birthday too. But I can't believe little Dallinito is 14 and I am 26. Who would have thought? He is a handsome boy and I can't believe he has a cell phone now! The times are changing - i tell you what! Let me know how that goes so when Ryan wants one when he is like 8 I will know what to say. OH and as for the bully druggie kid, it's when he starts saying that they are friends that I would be worried :) just kidding- so I would just tell him to steer clear for now and not ruffle any feathers! Love you sis!

joni said...

Happy Birthday to my friend Dallin! I can't image life without you!Hope your day was awesome!

Camie and JD said...

Happy late birthday Dallin. I called you on the actual day, but I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am at what a great young man you have become. Hope you love that cell phone.
Love Uncle Jeff

Cherri said...

Oh my goodness! I can't BELIEVE it... it can't be true! He is 14? I remember when I first saw him & he was SOOOO tiny and cute. Time flies. WOW you officially have a teenager on your hands, cell phone and all! Happy Birthday Dallin! --Nicole I have that DVD for you, so e-mail me and we can set up a time to meet or something :)