Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pack Meeting/Court of Honor- June 25, 08

Brennen had fun as we came as a family to play games for his Pack Meeting. It was a fun family night and not really an awards night. That worked well for us because we had immediately afterwards the Court of Honor that hours of work and prep had gone into and had to leave Pack Meeting early to set up for. Greg Woomer and Josh are buddies. Josh has always been very sweet to those with special needs.
Court of Honor
Josh received his Scout and he is well on his way to Tenderfoot rank soon! Wes is the best Scoutmaster!
Dallin received his First Class rank and several Merit Badges.
He did give me a good hug!
I never dreamed how involved with scouting we as a family and I as the Mom would become. I was a Den mother and thought that was good for each of our boys. Little did I know the amount of work involved to keep Boy Scouts advancing and progressing on Duty to God. When I spoke up that Dallin wasn't advancing, within a few months I was made the Advancement Chair. :) In addition to my Sunday School teaching calling for the youth this was quite overwhelming at first. It is manageable now after over a year but when a Court of Honor is coming up there is much work to be done! Eventually we hope to teach the boys and have them do more of this (if not all) prep. I do love working with the youth and I do have 5 boys so what did I expect? I definitely want to remain involved and someday see 5 Eagles from the Gardner Family! My grandparents on both sides and my parents were very supportive and involved in Scouting and I guess I didn't notice it until I was the one doing it. I'm sure glad the importance was in my mind or I wouldn't understand what Scouts is all about. The more I learn the more I appreciate and love Scouting and want all my boys involved!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Cute pictures! You have had a busy summer, you make me tired just thinking about it!! What will you do with all of your time when they go back to school??