Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ben and Anniversary

Ben sticking his belly out with no care that this is his LAST diaper! It was on a Sunday and Kristy came to our rescue. I was positive that I had another pack from the case I bought and couldn't find another diaper anywhere. A week later another pack mysteriously disappeared and in another week I found both packs on the top bunk in Dallin's room when cleaning for camping. Oh, the joy of boys!
June 11, 2008 - 16 incredible years together!!
Our kids came through with their cute presents for our anniversary. Brennen gave us candles and candy!

I love this man with all my heart!
When I think of 16 years and all we've been through it seems like only a blink and yet I can't imagine a day without Wes. He is my light, my life and my all! There have been so many ups and downs and our love has deepened and strengthened as we work and grow together. Time away has been the hardest and seems to be a constant part of the challenges that make up our adventure together. From Bishop days, to travel extensive time away to overtime now until the land sells.... will we ever have "normal" time together and Saturdays back? It's tough but we make the best of it and have learned how to have quality time when we get to be together. We are so blessed to have Dallin old enough to babysit and give us the time we need on dates together! He has grown up so much this summer and I see maturity I thought would never come:) This allows up to reconnect at the end of the week and refocus on us as well as the rundown of the kids, extended family, friends, work, callings, etc. I love our Date Nights!

I truly feel I have the most perfect man on earth for me! He calms me, comforts me, adores me, keeps me sane and fully supports everything I do! Our weaknesses are strenthened by each other and I instantly feel secure when he enters the room. Just having him around playing with our children is my favorite time! I love watching his patience when mine has run out! He is so precious with our little ones and I love time spent playing ball and swinging at the park.

There have been some hard trials and he has been my constant support. When I'm hurt or troubled he listens and helps me see it will all work out. He has given wise counsel that has saved me many times. He has loved me through the happy, sad, the good and the bad and in the end he is always there for me. You know, there was a time we thought our greatest trial was not being able to have children and we wondered if ever they would come. Amazing how the Lord works and brings full circle our lives. Now our challenges every day involve our 6 beautiful children. We pray and grow with them. Hey, we've never been parents to a teenager and we constantly tell Dallin he's the first time we've had to do this. Many nights on our knees and I'm sure we'll all get through this as well.

We've lost friends and family who are so close to us and it makes me realize how miraculous each new day together is. I pray I never take our love for granted and that we continue to grow together through eternity. I love you Wesley!

1 comment:

joni said...

Nicole, Thank you for writing that to Wes! I am so touch, and I know this will be something you will both treasure forever! If I could give married couples one piece of advice is to never take each other for granted, because you never know when the lord will call them or you home! Aren't we so glad we have them forever? I know I am! Thanks for sharing!