Saturday, June 28, 2008

Father's Day June 15, 2008

Father's Day came sandwiched between major trips this year and I wanted to make sure that Wes knew how much we love and appreciate him. He's so much like my Dad and I know that's why it was so easy to fall in love so fast! We did meet and get married after his mission within 6 months. Our first date was Feb. 14th, we were engaged in March over Spring Break and we were married June 11, 1992. He is patient and gentle and yet firm when needed. He doesn't raise his voice and that has been a blessing for our family! Wes is such a caring Dad and the children all know and feel his love for them. They long to be with him and miss him when his overtime takes him away. I know the best thing he does to honor our marriage is to love our children. He takes me away when I need it as well. He doesn't look on time with them as babysitting and he is very generous in letting me have time out with the girls. He is very grateful when I get home and I'm impressed when the house is clean as well as children safe. It's a lot to handle! He doesn't judge what I do in a day and doesn't make me feel like I do nothing when obviously the house was negleted that day. Generally those are the funnest or busiest days with the kids and he is so understanding. He just picks up and begins to help wherever we are at with the house and towering piles of laundry. (Hey, if it's clean it's a good day)! I am incredibly blessed to have married the best father possible for our children! I pray our boys grow up to be just like their Dad!
The crew with their Daddy!
We had a crazy day with 8am church and then feeding Grandma and Grandpa as well as the missionaries with Wes for Father's Day. We made easy pot roast and potatoes so it wasn't too much work for me. Ice cream is Wes's dessert choice so again easy! The kids made cards and gave little presents. I gave Wes the tickets to see "1856" a pioneer musical with his favorite singer Joseph Paur in it.

Wes and Jarom

Ben and Wes
Josh and Wes
Brennen and Wes
Brookly and Wes


No comments: