Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What a 4th!

Watermelon makes the 4th! Ben sure ate a ton!
For the fun before the fireworks we went to the park! The sky was beautiful and the weather perfect and breezy! After the park we barbecued steak and had rootbeer floats! Yum! The kids got on the roof and we watched the fireworks from our backyard!

Josh loved riding his motor scooter!

Jarom was so cute and full of fun!
A rare but wonderful moment!
It was such a relaxing, mellow evening!

Dallin, Brennen and Josh even got along!


Jar and Ben loved this shuttle ride!
Brookly loved it as well.
So sweet.
Just hangin' out.
My sweetie and me.


Pancake breakfast!
Having Wes home was such a wonderful surprise! We thought he had to work, until 5pm on Fri. when he realized that holidays count for overtime!
Ben loves his hass rides!
Wes started the day working in the yard and Ben wouldn't leave his side.
Wes got our flag hung!
We love the beauties of nature that God gives us! What a perfect setting for such a perfect day!


The kids all loved the monkey rides, horse rides and "tree climbing" with Wes.






What a wonderful day together! I feel so blessed for the freedom we enjoy and the occasional moments we get all together! I have been reflecting on the sacrifices made by our ancestors and reading through histories and I am so proud of my Great Grampy ,Virgil Denham, who served in WWI and my Grampy, Melvin Denham, who served in WWII. Their stories are inspirational and I can see God's hand in their lives so easily.
I also looked up Samuel Claridge and the story of his daughter when they were called to settle the Muddy river. It was a harsh and barren land and no one wanted to go. When Pres. Brigham Young announced the names of who would go, Elizabeth (Samuel's daughter), burst into tears and started sobbing. Her friend turned and said, "Why are you crying, my father was also called, but I know he won't go." Elizabeth turned to her and said, "That's just it. I know my father will go and that nothing will stop him." They had many setbacks and yet Samuel viewed them all as Satan trying to prevent them so he pressed on harder.
I am so grateful for the incredible faith and courage that my pioneer ancestors daily showed to settle this land to worship freely.
I want to share my heritage with my children and hope they sense my deep feelings because I was not even aware of our pioneer ancestors growing up. The history was kept by only a few in the family and hadn't yet been shared. I'm so grateful we have so much information now!
I love my family!




3 comments:

The Gag-nears said...

I am so proud of you and your bloggin abilities - I'll bet you are addicted now - just like me! This post is so wonderful! I am so glad Wes got to be home for the 4th and it looks like you had some family fun memories made. I wish we lived close so we could all get together! Ryan misses his cousins! You are so great at the blogging and I love the ancestor stories - I need to read up on our heritage so I can be as amazing as you!

joni said...

I love all the pictures Nicole! I am glad you got to enjoy the 4th with Wes being home! I love days like that were everyone gets along! What a treat! Love your stories too and I am so glad you are writing them down!

Brandi said...

Cute pictures!! It looks like you all had a really fun day. And what great family history stories! I always love learning about my ancestors but now I have really started to enjoy learning about Tim's too. They were so good at keeping journals and many of them have even been published so I am grateful to have them so that I can learn about all of my kids ancestors. Plus most of his come from fancy dancy pioneering church members! The Whitmer and Smith families sure do have a lot of recognizable names! :D

I'm glad to see you are all doing so well!! And that your kids even like each other on occasion! :P