Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ben's Big Day! 2 at last!

July 16, 2006 Here I am world!
9 pounds 11 ounces
22 inches long
15 inch chest - Ouch!
I am my parents pride and joy!
My Daddy loves me!
My Mommy loves me! Can we nap now?
I see my Daddy!All these kids love me and want to hold me first!I love my new airplane - I'm 1 now!
My Mommy! My big brother!

I love cake and didn't want to use my hands yet! Is this what we do?

Oh, this sweet boy is just the light of my life!


He got the same card from both sets of Grandparents and he loved them!


Ben in new airplane shirt playing with his siblings.
Brennen took him for a spin on his B-Day.
Lots of love from Daddy on the big day!
OH - I got my own Legos!!!
July 16, 2008
Oh where did the time go? My baby is 29 1/2 pounds and 35 1/2 inches tall. Ben has brought such joy to our family and he keeps us laughing when things are rough. Ben loves his Daddy and prefers to be with him. He wants horse rides (hoss), tree climbing (climbing up Wes and flipping over), and monkey rides (riding on Wes's foot) whenever he can. He isn't saying very many words yet so the doctor recommended that we test him for speech. Nothing new since Brennen and Josh were also speech delayed and are plenty bright. He does get frustrated when we don't understand. I'm excited to have this next school year with time alone with Ben. I don't want him to grow up too fast and yet I see him doing so many things because he wants to be like his big brothers and sister. He loves Legos! We gave him his own for his birthday and he spends hours every day building, destroying and buiding again! Just like his brothers!
Ben loves shoes and has to have his on ALL the time in case we go somewhere. He has definitely picked up that we get shoes on to leave the house. He doesn't want to be left behind so this is his defense. The only time he'll take them off is when in his crib ready for bed. He brings Wes and I our shoes and wants them to be the first thing we put on. Ben is so much fun and he is into everything. He's truly our "Curious George" and we have to vigilantly watch for his climbing on the counters, treadmill and back of couches and then standing up has caused much pain already and we hope to prevent more. He gets into and on top of things we didn't even think about. I caught him putting things in the electrical outlet yesterday. We thought things were safe but we've had to reevaluate. He is truly our precious boy and we feel so blessed to have him in our home! We love you Ben!


3 comments:

Kristy said...

Boy when you update you really update! I love it! I have had fun watching sweet Ben grow I'm so glad he decided to join your family!

joni said...

Got to love the baby! I am glad Ben came and joined your family, life would not be the same without him! He is truly the light of your life and such a cute little boy! Happy Birthday Ben!

Wendy said...

Oh Ben...What a cutie! I just looked and Conner's chest measured 15.4, but Ben was 4 ounces more than Conner! What a miracle life is....