Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Walking Pneumonia

We caught it in time for Brennen! He indeed has walking pneumonia which is just a fancy way of saying that it's not his asthma this time, it's actually fluid on his lungs. He still has no fever and just a cough so we caught it earlier than Dallin's walking pneumonia last year. Dallin had to miss 3 weeks of school and was miserable. Brenny just coughs a lot and seems to feel not too bad. He can actually go to school/be around others as soon as he feels like it. He loves that I am helping him clean his room. Started Zithromax today so hopefully dramatic improvements this week.
Ben woke up at 4am this morning still from his awful night and sure enough couldn't go back to sleep. I did call the podiatrist for Dallin and we'll just see what new adventure comes the rest of the day! Wes did feel well enough to go to work today:)
I am thrilled we get to go to the sealing of the Stewart's tonight and enjoy the peace and respite of the temple.
I love how the Lord teaches me to put things in perspective. I was reading my dear friend from High School's blog and learned that her sister's husband got a call on Monday from his Army Reserve and has to ship out on Thursday (they wanted him to leave Tuesday at first) to Iraq for 1 1/2 years! She is due with their second child in October and having a rough pregnancy and will move home with her mom until he returns. Oh, how my heart aches for her and I am ever more appreciative of having Wes here (even late at night for another year of overtime).

7 comments:

Cherri said...

Well at least you get to go to the temple & get a little rest from the crazyness! I don't know how you do it!

Phil and Stacie said...

Kids AND husbands sick together is the worst! And with a bunch of kids, it seems like it's never just one either (at least that's how it goes at my house). You are tough to endure it all =) Good luck!!

a.bhatti said...

Oh, I hope little Brennen gets better soon! At least they caught it and put him on anti-biotics. My Dr. didn't catch it (fluid on the lungs) and I ended up 5 days in ICU with pneumonia and a collapsed lung - how I remember the horror!

Wendy said...

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help! I am so sad that I missed the Stewart's sealing. I read your entry and just felt bad. We really intended on being there. I am sure that it was special!

joni said...

I am glad you had a chance to go to the sealing! Hang in there with all your sick people, hopefully it will get better soon!

Brandi said...

I'm glad you have the medication going, that's always a good thing. And luckily the sickness isn't more serious! :) I will tell Brooke that you're thinking of her. She is pretty excited to see Elliott in a couple of weeks, before he ships off to Iraq. Hopefully he will be back sometime next summer, if not sooner. I guess we'll see. But for now I get to be greedy and enjoy seeing her more than twice a year! :D

Teanne said...

Love your blog. It's nice to know what's going on in the Gardner family. I'm sorry to hear everyone has been so sick! That must've been stressful. I hope your whole family will be happy and healthy again soon. You are right, it puts things into perspective when you hear a story like your friends. We are lucky to have husbands to help us through hard times.
By the way- that group Easter picture of your kids is great!