Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tagged!

I've Been Tagged by Kristy!

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Wow! What memories that brings back! Wes had just graduated from ASU, we had just bought our new 4 bedroom-1650 square foot home here in Apache Junction, 1853 W Ray Lane, that we felt was plently big for our growing family. Wes was an 11 yr. old Scoutmaster, I was Primary Chorister and Pianist for Ward choir. I had recently discovered I was pregnant with our sweet Brennen. I was very sick with this pregnancy and couldn't help much to get moved in and home projects done. I ended up on bedrest. Brennen was born healthy and a few months later Wes was called as the new Bishop of the newly formed Meridian Ward.

5 things on To-Do List:
1. Mail Valentine's and updated pictures to Mom(helpful that now she can just look at the blog:)
2. Book flight to Salt Lake for Women's Conference! Yes, by a miracle the finances will work out and I am able to attend this year with my sisters and sister-in-law and stay through Sunday to attend my parents ward with my Dad the Bishop. Sentimental and much needed girl time!!!
3. Order Scout stuff for District Camporee April 25th-26th.
4. Put up the darling lettering I got for Brookly's room! "See me dance, see me twirl, there's a Princess in every girl"
5. Finish sorting and permanently put away piles on counter:)

5 Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Dark Chocolate Dove
2. Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream
3. Cherry Cheesecake
4. Chips with Serrano's salsa (or my homemade if I feel ambitious)
5. Chocolate Silk Pie

5 Places I have lived: (Earliest to most recent)
1. LaJolla, CA
2. Mesa, AZ
3. Taylor, AZ
4. Safford, AZ
5. Apache Junction, AZ

What would I do if suddenly a Billionaire?
First, I would pay off all our debt and then help family with theirs. Then I would bring Wes home from work to do his dream of his own business. I'd put a huge chunk in savings for our retirement. Then I'd actually take my kids on their dream vacation to Disneyland and do the other attractions in CA for a few weeks. After that I'd take Wes and I to Hawaii to rest from our vacation with the kids. The rest would be invested wisely for future trips to Nauvoo before each son's mission. (Brookly's if she wants to go) Lots of scrapbooking supplies and books (my obsession to own, read and love) would be in there as well.

What are 5 jobs I've had?
1. Bagger/Checker at Ed's Supermarket/Burn boxes out back alone at night to close
2. Library Aide
3. Childtime Preschool Teacher
4. Michael's Calligraphy and Craft Instructor
5. Babysitter
6. My favorite - Piano Teacher (I know that's too many, but that's my favorite)

What are 5 things you don't know about me?
1. I was Valedictorian in 8th grade and had to speak at Baccalaureate as ranked 6th from Snowflake High School. Earned many scholarships and got paid to go to college!
2. I graduated (after serving as Treasurer of Phi Theta Kappa and being named in College Who's Who) from EAC with my AA in Elementary Education.
3. I'd love to work with Special Education kids someday when mine are raised. I have a soft spot because my dear cousin, Haley, lived 13 yrs. with Down Syndrome. We grew very close to her. Wes also has a brother with Down Syndrome who passed away when he was only 7 yrs.
4. I sold Pampered Chef for 18 months to earn my kitchen stuff I have today.
5. I hope to serve many missions with Wes since I have always longed for that experience. I got married when I was 18 yrs. old and wouldn't trade that experience though!

I now tag: Rebecca Gagnier, Dorothy Ellsworth, and Melissa Vemulapalli!

1 comment:

joni said...

Such great answers I learned so much! I am so excited you are going to Women's Conference! I leave on Wednesday the 30th it would be so cool if you were on my flight! We will have to chat! Love ya!