Monday, April 14, 2008

Long Night Ahead!

OK, you know it's going to be a long night when Wes comes home early from work (5:30pm instead of later) because he's nauseous, only 5 of the 8 even eat dinner, FHE was more of a "Dallin say it quick before we lose patience because you have to finish Duty to God requirements" and not the loving, kind, fun evening I had envisioned, then we sent the grouchy kids to bed and Wes went to bed absolutely miserable (He had tried to lay down in the same as us for FHE). Dallin then helped feed Ben while I put the others in bed and Brookly showered. Ben was still crying so I thought I'd hold him awhile - after all this was only 8:00pm by some miracle! As soon as we hit the kitchen, luckily on the tile, he proceeded to throw up all over me - TWICE! Dallin bathed Ben and was so sweet with him! I mopped the kitchen and then took a bath myself. By then Ben was happy and dressed and wide awake. I again put the older kids in bed and now Ben is here in the office playing with me. We already had Brennen home from school with a nasty cough (he gets repiratory illness quite hard) and Ben with a hose nose. Brookly tonight is saying her throat hurts and Dallin insists he's told me for 2 weeks that he needs to see the podiatrist for his painful foot. Josh is ultra grump from staying out until 12:30 Sunday morning - they did try to get home from the fair but it took longer than planned. Jarom is excited about his field trip and demanding that I fill out his permission, help with his ABC collage, send in pennies for pizza(which Dallin raided and took the bulk with the $6.00 last week) and I want to look at my stuff for Women's Conference! Is that too much to ask? You know, some days it is ,but I'm grateful I have somebody who needs me and that they would miss me if I were not here. Sometimes 6 at a time is a little overwhelming and can consume all my energy. Tonight seems harder because my sweetheart is not able to relieve any of the pressure:) I do hope he feels better soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a night!!! I am sorry. Holy Cow, I hope everyone is feeling better.

a.bhatti said...

Wow - it makes me tired just reading about how you manage! Just think of Women's Conference as a retreat and time away to help give you strength to face it all again. And it will make the kids appreciate you more!

Cherri said...

It is really hard for me to believe it when I hear stories like this when Dallin takes care of the younger kids... It seems like yesterday that he was in diapers! I CAN'T believe that all that time has flown by, I feel like I am going to blink and my kids will have moved away from home! Sounds like a rough night, hopefully everyone gets to feeling better soon!

joni said...

Nicole, you amazed me at all you can do in a day! You make me tried just listen to you! I hope your family all feels better soon!

Brandi said...

Oh, you poor girl! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!! And isn't it just the best feeling when they don't get 'it' all over the carpet and the furniture? :D Tile is SO much easier to clean! :)