Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Break in Pinetop

Grandpa's Boy!Brennen's turn with the BB gun.
Hike to Billy Creek.

Brookly's acorns - watch out for the worms inside! Ben loves the old scaffolding and always scares me if I watch.

Jarom's acorns. Josh with airsoft gun.
Dallin with BB gun.

For Fall Break we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Gardner in Pinetop. It was wonderful! What a relaxing, fun weekend. It was so hard to come home! We left Wed. night and didn't return until Sun. evening. The kids were completely entertained between guns, trees and acorns, woodpeckers, hikes, picnic, birthday dinner, and cable TV!
We celebrated Wes and Brennen's birthdays by going to dinner at Mountain Thai and it was delicious! We went up past the old ski run by Greer to see the leaves and have a picnic under the beautiful fall leaves. It was so windy and cold! After Grandma and Grandpa left for home we ventured up farther and found a wonderful spot where the wind died down and the leaves were amazing! I of course took many pictures!


Ben loved this time with his Daddy!

The whole crew!


The kids on a huge old stump full of ants that later was destroyed by our boys! Jarom fell off and wasn't happy right after this.


Me and My Love!

The day after our picnic, Saturday, it turned freezing and hailed for a while. We stayed in all day! This was Wes's birthday and we opened presents and went to dinner with Mom and Dad Gardner.

Wes and Brennen enjoyed their presents.


Chocolate cake!


What a great weekend! It would have been perfect until Sunday.


Sunday we had a scary experience as we got a call that my uncle, James Stevens, had chest pain and was being rushed by ambulance to St. Lukes. I called Aunt Kim and told her I'd travel down to Phoenix with her since we were up there and going home after church anyway. Wes drove me to ShowLow to meet her and I helped her drive down to meet Julie and then we all went to the hospital. By the time we got there he was coming out of surgery and had 2 more stints put in. He had one put in last year for the same problem of artery thickening. 2 of his arteries this time were 70% blocked. Those are the ones that got the stints put in. One is still 40% blocked in a different place. It was scary and he has done everything his doctor recommended this last year like running every day, no cholesterol or red meat. He was pretty depressed and frustrated. They are in our prayers and he did get to go home the next day. Julie, Kim and I had some good, bonding time together. Love the support of family! Wow, what a reminder how fragile life is and how much I depend on Wes. He is my life and I'm grateful every day that he is with me. I feel incredibly blessed!

This left Wes to fend for himself with the 6 hooligans for a long trip home! He called me shortly before 5pm when they left. On the way he had Brookly insist she needed to use the restroom and when he tried to hold her up and told her he wouldn't look she was too embarrassed to go. She was crying for Mommy the whole time. Not long after this stop Jarom needed to go Number 2. While helping Jarom, Ben screamed nonstop for Wes. Finally he wrapped Ben in a blanket and had him lay on the ground screaming because he wanted Dad and it was so cold outside. He got them home and made dinner and then came to Phoenix where he met me with Julie and Kim at Mills parking lot to come home. We crawled into bed after 11pm. What an amazing man I married! He's the best!


Now we are home and adjusting back to life! There is a busy week ahead and nothing stops. We'll keep you posted:)

4 comments:

The Gag-nears said...

So wish we were having such a relaxing weekend for our fall break. Garth has to go on a campout with the scouts. You know what those are like :). Your kids are all getting so big I can't stand it. Wish I lived next door to see them grow up every day. Glad Uncle James is okay. That worked out good. I am sure Wes had adventures on the way home with all 6 to himself! Miss your beautiful family!

Melissa said...

The fall colors are beautiful! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Sorry about your Uncle. Hope that things change for the better soon.

We all knew that your hubby was a pretty great guy. So glad he was willing to take on all 6 in the car alone so you could be with your Aunt!

The Gag-nears said...

thanks for the add on of adventures! Wes is wonderful and thanks for the phone call this morning to get me thinking of how grateful I am for my life.

joni said...

Love all the pictures! I am so glad you enjoyed the mountains and the time away! I have to say I missed you greatly though! You are such my right hand, and I was so lost without you! Thank you so much for all the wonderful things you do each and everyday for me and the boys! Happy Birthday to Wes and Brennen! Looks like you had a nice dinner! What a ride home for Wes, but I am so glad you got to be with your Aunt. Wes is a great guy and such a great example of a wonderful father. Glad your back more than you know!