Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sunday Morning

Bright and early I awoke at 7am for 9am church Sunday morning. (Again only 4 hours of sleep). I'm telling you, I just couldn't sleep after the sun came up! It was too exciting to be with my family! I was tired though, and maybe that's why I felt so bold in my comments in Gospel Doctrine class. Hey, I don't beat around the bush when you ask what the natural man wants! Fame, Fortune and Sex were natural answers! Bishop Dad wasn't in our class gratefully:) Anyway, I felt prompted to bear my testimony and wondered why after Dad gave quotes from Dallin Oaks talk on not giving a loveamony. Who knows? I think I just needed to share my experience of our prophet.
After church we had the traditional Mother's Day dinner at the Sheppard house. Enchiladas. Jules and I made green chili enchiladas and I made salsa. Dad made the traditional red with fried corn tortillas. Food is an important event in our family! Don't mess with the Otis cookies! Mom tried her new strawberry graham cheesecake. YUM! We had a little celebration and gave Mom her Mother's Day gifts. She treated us with Bath and Body Works and our Deseret Book goodies. Thanks for the book to help me with the kids! Then I had to pack and run to the airport - thanks Adrian for taking time out to take me!
What a whirlwind! I fell asleep for a minute on the plane and then dropped my pillow. I couldn't wait to get home! Wes and all the kids came to pick me up! They all jumped out of the car and ran to me! It was so rewarding! I feel renewed and refreshed and ready to take on life again! Good thing because the bickering started in the car on the way home-

3 comments:

The Gag-nears said...

It is fun to see the week in retrospect! I love those enchiladas! I loved having you here! It was a time to remember for sure! Thanks for sacrificing to come! I love your blog!

michelle said...

LOL about the bickering starting in the car on the way home. I think we can all relate to that. So funny.

Melissa said...

It's so much fun to see the whole family!! It's been a LOOOONG time!! :)