Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Conclusion to Women's Conference

I think the greatest thing I am coming home with is an increased testimony of our prophet, President Monson. When he entered the Marriot Center and everyone stood up and stood still, the spirit was so strong. Then someone began singing We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet and I couldn't contain my tears. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet today and that he speaks for the Lord. He loves us and has our eternal progress at heart. What a special witness I received. He also spoke of finding joy in the journey and not letting the important things pass you by. Never let the problem to be solved be more important than the person to be loved. This could be a special day! Mortal life was never meant to be easy or consistently pleasant. Each one experiences dark days. Shall I falter or shall I finish? He spoke of the threads of service, love and kindness. The good you do can never be fully measured. Don't feel inadequate. Boys don't become gentlemen overnight.
What an incredible conference! I needed this spiritual uplift and rededication to do what I can. I feel so blessed that my sisters were able to share this with me. We did miss Mom and Lynnette though. Next year...

No comments: