Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

My Sweet Jar Jar and Me

My Crazy Kids!!



My Brookly Girl

My Joshy Boy



My Sunny Brenny




My Dallin





My Baby (not so baby anymore) Ben






The Whole Crew - My biggest blessings!


What a crazy day Mother's Day is with 8am church! OK, I woke up and the alarm had not gone off so I dared to look out of our room and WHAAAAT?!!! the house was a pit! I had begged the kids all day Sat. to do their work because Wes is always working overtime. Now, the pit was I mean from dishes that weren't supposed to be mine ( are they really ever supposed to be), the table was covered (NOT with a clean cloth and flowers, let's just leave it at that), the floor was sticky, the clean clothes I folded were not put away, the piles seemed to loom over the counters and something smelled awful from the garbage. OK, now I had a choice and I realize I don't always make the best choices. I began to clean up and slam things around. This quickly got my family's attention and I did receive some help. (If you know me at all you know I am really obsessive about a clean house on the Sabbath and yes, even do it myself on the Sabbath if I haven't stayed up late the night before). Yes, this is definitely a weakness I need to work on. I do get protests from my kids to even clean their own toys or plates because "we shouldn't work on Sunday". Back to Mother's Day, I finally decided to shower and pull my lesson together. By now the kids were up and I bathed Ben while Wes attempted to pull some order quickly to the kitchen. I wanted the kids in my Sunday School class to feel the spirit and write something heartfelt to their mothers. (I knew I was not in the right spirit myself at the moment and admit I was hoping Dallin's teacher wouldn't show up so that I could take his class with mine again and have him write something heartfelt to me). I tried to correct my attitude and said a prayer. Amazing what prayer can do! My poor husband had bought me roses and was trying to make it nice but had worked on a letter for a sensitive issue in our family until 1:30am and didn't quite finish the house. I began to see the little things I love about my family again and remembered what season I'm in. I tried not to resent the corsage that I didn't get and remember my blessings. Wes does so much for me that isn't tangible and he had bought me a marriage seminar set that I desperately want for our upcoming Anniversary. I don't know why it's so hard sometimes to see the good FIRST! I did enjoy my special day when each child brought me their handmade gifts and cards. This was the best part. Julie even came and made Cherry Cheesecake for me! Now, preface this with my sweetheart did take me on a date Sat. night to one of my favorite restaurants, Macaroni Grill, and I should have looked at my blessings first! Sometimes I just need to vent and then it can be over! What a whirlwind every day is and from the pictures you'll notice that not everyone wanted a picture with Mom when I was ready. Let's just say that Josh and Brookly's were taken much later in the day! Sometimes we just have to look back and laugh! The crazy pose was my favorite!























5 comments:

Kristy said...

You crazy lady! I'm impressed you actually got a picture with each of the kids! Thanks for bailing me out on Mother's day! I didn't know I was going to be playing the organ, I'm still wondering how that happened! You are such a blessed friend in my life I hope you know that!

joni said...

Thank you so much for being truthful! I just love you and all the widsom you have! You are truly one of the best moms I know and thanks for helping James out for a gift for me! That was going above and beyond but thank you again for everything!

Brandi said...

Good Idea!! As I was trying to find pictures of me with my kids I realized I should have done what you did! :D Your kids sure are getting big! I guess I forget sometimes that mine aren't the only ones growing! :P

Melissa said...

Your kids are adorable! I love seeing all of their pics!

Being a mom sure can be a challenge! Glad you found the positives! Love ya!

The Gag-nears said...

Happy late Mother's Day sis! Wow! all 6 kids and you - that is a cute picture! You really are my inspiration! Someday I hope to be as good as a mother as you. Thanks for you example