Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ben was kicked out!

Just a note to myself to journal in the adventures with my kids. Last week Brennen and Dallin both had pneumonia. Brennen was up and around with walking pneumonia and would have gone back to school Friday if Grammy and Grampy hadn't been here for Spencer's wedding. Dallin was flat all week and by Friday could barely sit up. He couldn't even text the first few days so you know it was bad! They are swamped with homework and hope to catch up this week. We sent them both back to school yesterday, Monday.
Sunday Ben woke up as usual (every day) asking if he got to go to Nursery today. He was so excited. During Sacrament Bishop announced that a dear friend had an emergency c-section and the baby was air evaced to Phoenix Children's Hospital. Since we were in shock, several of the girls left Sacrament and went to the hospital to check on her. What a hard trial and they are in our prayers as they struggle to get through this. So grateful Shannan was released last night and got to go be with her baby, Harry. So... Ben was sent to Nursery by Wes. After the hospital visit I barely made it back to teach Sunday School. As I finished, the Nuresry leader brought Ben to me and said he was having a hard day. HE GOT KICKED OUT OF NURSERY FOR HITTING! OK, not that his hitting is any surprise unfortunately, and screaming to be heard here at home isn't that uncommon for him either. :) Still, he was very upset and ran away from me back to Nursery. I decided to just go in with him and the leader said that would be fine. Now, just to be fair, many of the kids were unruly and running around not listening but I did have to hold Ben on my lap most of the rest of the hour. I tried to figure out what was wrong and realized he was rubbing his eyes (up late with Grammy and Grampy here and crazy weekend schedule), and he hadn't gotten to eat breakfast. Now, that sounds horrible I know but don't jump to conclusions too soon. Wes was too tired the night before to do his lesson as he usually does so Sun. morning he didn't bathe Ben. Dallin wasn't going because he was in bed with pneumonia and he usually pushes Josh out the door early for preparing Sacrament. So after I did Brookly's hair, my hair and makeup, and checked all kids teeth, hair, ears, nails, shoes... (those are the things I require clean for Sunday, even if no other day) :) I just forgot that he'd been saying "milk" for a while and hadn't been at the table when the others ate. I had just grabbed a hard boiled egg from Easter and didn't sit with them. I felt so bad but he was eating snack in Nursery after all. So we get home and I feed him and put him down for a nap and he wakes up .... With a FEVER! He was wired because he wasn't feeling good. So, Sunday and Monday were basically spent holding Ben! Love that precious boy and it sure is hard to see him not feeling well! I cancelled piano. We did venture out Monday morning whether or not we should have because Jarom was finally Student of the Month and it meant the world to him to have us there. I held Ben in the back of the auditorium. We got a picture with Jarom and then we left. Today Ben is pretty fussy and very tired and has a little fever. I think we're over the worst of it and I don't know what he had. Joni saved me by taking the bear to the school to Jarom that he forgot today. Jarom's Student of the Month certificate got scribbled on by Ben last night and it was a rough day anyway for him so I panicked when I saw he left his bear and I'd already drug Ben everywhere and he was asleep. Thanks girl!
On to my own nightmare of health issues. Called a Dermatologist yesterday and they have 2 hour lunch and close early. If I can't ever get a hold of them, how am I supposed to see them? Our insurance won't cover the weight loss clinic for my thyroid problem, received a $200.00 bill for more tests we have to fight that insurance didn't pay and we were overcharged for our copay for my chiropractor for my back problems. Oh I love this Dr mess!
Thank you to my sweet Dallin boy! He made dinner last night while I had to attend to some things and he made sure I ate his delicious biscuits and gravy as I ran out the door. MMM!

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

Hopefully your kids are all feeling better! It is so hard when they are sick. At least they are cute, right?!? Hang in there!