Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Love of Shopping

A funny thing happened when I took my darling daughter with me shopping. I needed a baby shower gift and chose to go to one of my favorite stores, Kohls, knowing I could use a few things myself. Since the weight isn't budging, I thought it would pick me up a bit to grab something new and my piano check came that week. :)
So, we found a cute baby outfit and I found a few shirts to try on. Brookly is my shopping buddy since the boys think it is drudgery and misery. Oh, the joy of a girl! So, since she is only 8 I had her come in with me and just turn around while I tried on. Each shirt I tried had something wrong with it in the way it fit or looked, I felt. Brookly got to the root of the problem when she expressed her concern by saying, "Mom, I know what you need. I saw it on a commercial. You need the Kamara Body Shaper." Now, luckily I found this hilarious! It is too true and only a sweet daughter could have said it so tenderly. She proceeded to say, "At least you are working on it." I was laughing so hard it was hard to stop. Oh, how I love my little girl! She truly wanted to help me and had no idea what her words were meaning.
I did find a few things that were acceptable for my body the way it is and came away with a fun memory!

2 comments:

a.bhatti said...

Classic! And that outfit last week was smokin' hot!

joni said...

I am so glad you wrote this down! I think I am still laughing about it! What a fun time you had with Brookly that night and your clothes are dang cute!