Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Silly Mountain Hike

Just amazing scenery!

So beautiful from the back of the mountain!
The crew was so much faster than me. It got pretty steep at the end and while I climbed they were long at the top.
On the way up Ben walked for a while but needed guided by his big brother, Dallin. A stop, waiting for Mom.We did make it to the top and came down a much faster way than we found up!Brennen at the top.
Josh on one of the peaks. Jarom at the top.
Brookly on the way up.
Aren't they cute?! Ben was Daddy's backpack buddy!
Little did we know that our little Silly Mountain hike would become an adventure and quite a trek for me! We decided to hike Friday after Thanksgiving and had a friend, Sunny Gray, come with us. When we got there we could tell some things had changed since the last time we hiked. Instead of going straight up quickly, it is now all under conservation and reseeding so we chose a trail we thought would get us there. We hiked around the back of the mountain and I was pretty tired. I'm the one who needed breaks, not any of the children. It was a beautiful day and a break in the rain we had for Thanksgiving so we were glad to be outside. The kids loved it and boy did they all sleep well that night. I love the beauty of nature that God has given us! I love watching the sunsets and being aware of what's happening outside.

No comments: