Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fri and Sat

Friday Brookly had a hard day while we were at the funeral.  She went to the counselor at school twice and the second time the counselor seemed annoyed and told her that she just needs to stop feeling guilty about the same thing.  She told Brookly that it's hard to have sympathy for her when it's the same thing she came in earlier for.  WHAT!?!  She's the counselor Brookly is supposed to feel safe with.  I don't understand this at all.  Since Brookly got in to Legacy I asked her if she wants to change but she's not sure she wants to leave her Orchestra and Choir and friends.  I don't know the answer yet.
Sat. 24th:  Incredibly busy day.  Wes and I had another funeral.  This one for a lady at work's Mom.  They aren't LDS but it was a beautiful tribute and they do believe in eternity.  Orbital even dedicated the rocket launch this week to her with a plaque on the rocket.  So by 6am Wes, Josh and Dallin had gone to help move rock for a family in our ward and I started housework before we had to leave at 8:30am for the funeral.  The boys got home and left for a MB clinic.  Dallin then took Josh to airsoft war and Brookly to  a birthday party at the lake.  Wes and I went to the funeral and then decided to slip away to the temple for some peace and comfort in all this.  It closed early for the RS Broadcast but we felt blessed it was open.  We did some sealings and then went to the Celestial room.  We discussed our family and concerns and then whispered a prayer together as we have for 19 1/2 years.  The worker came and told us that you aren't allowed to pray in a group in the Celestial room and that includes couples.  Well, that ruined the experience for me and by the time we were back from changing I was sobbing and asked the coordinator how long this has been a rule.  She said quite a while and that you can't kneel or pray in groups.  I couldn't wait for Wes to get out and just leave the temple quickly.  It was an awful experience.  So...that wasn't the peace I needed or any answer at all.  Then I got home and turned around to run to the RS Women's Broadcast because I was going with a friend or I probably wouldn't have gone.  I enjoyed it but when President Uchdorf spoke I finally really felt the spirit tell me we'll get through this somehow.  When he said, "God has not forgotten you" I knew it was true and that somehow things will work out.  Maybe not in our time or the way we think but it will be OK.  That was what I needed.  Then Wendy and I ran to JoAnn's to get fabric for the flowers we are making next week while the men are at Priesthood.  I was completely exhausted and fell into bed when I got home.  Brookly had a great time a the lake with the friends she doesn't want to leave from her middle school. 
Sunday 25th:  Fast Sunday- hopefully some answers today.

No comments: