Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back To School

As always I have to play catch up for this blog.  There is so much going on I don't know where to start.
 Today is the first day that I am ALONE in 18 years for a school day.  This is quite emotional for me.  I'm not able to concentrate on doing the million things I had planned on yet.  Josh started Monday as a Sophomore at Combs.  Dallin is at work until he starts MCC on Aug 20th.  The younger 4 went off to Legacy Traditional today with quite a flair.  There was crying and fits and they weren't all from me.  Skirt too short-yes to the knee it must be even with leggings and yes, you've grown since we bought it a month ago- a backpack fiasco since the new one didn't come in the mail yet and the old one just wouldn't do today and a schedule fot 7th Grade not available, even though we went last night to get it.  Missed Flag for Ben waiting for Brookly's schedule to get fixed. She had been placed in Algebra and not Course 3 Pre-Algebra.  You really need to know the basics in this to build on, so her teacher recommended Course 3 even though she tested into Algebra.  She also had drama that she was given Computers, not Choir/Drama.  The Vice Principal said they did the best they could and they wouldn't change that but I asked if it was available with the other switch to help her out.  She left it on her desk last night and noone knew where we could find it even though we were there early this morning with assurance that it would be done before Flag.   Finally had to leave Brookly to find it herself and run to Ben's class.  Poor girl, rough first day of 7th Grade for sure. We were on the wrong playground for Ben's class and said goodbye to Jarom as we ran back around the school and just missed his class going in.  They had already done Flag Ceremony and yes, he missed his first one of 1st Grade.  I did walk back and get a pic of him at his desk with his supplies though. 
Ben is so excited for 1st Grade!

How do I let this boy go?

Jarom is ready for a great 5th Grade year!

Brennen is an 8th Grade Wonder!

The boys ready but still missing one.

There they are at school.

Brookly ready now for 7th Grade.

Off goes Ben...

I had to go see him in class since he missed the opening ceremony.

So I'm home feeling lonely and wondering how it could have been a little smoother.  I hope the teachers need me in class very soon.

No comments: