Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jarom's Rollercoaster Emotions

One minute our Jarom is telling me he had a great day at school after an emotional one the day before, and then I go to YW New Beginnings with Brookly (yes, my little girl will go to mutual in May and get to go to camp and I'm going as a cook) and Jarom was supposed to work on his Science Fair Proposal due the next day.  Wes had to run around for permission slips for Scouts for his campout this weekend.  I get home and he's asleep on the couch with a hate letter in my room about being here, the science fair, all he wants is to move back and he'd like to be dead.  Pretty dramatic from my son who signed the letter , Someone.  He really is hot or cold in his emotions each day.  When he's tired or stressed there's a lot more negative emotions.  Which, really is how I react as well so I'm trying to understand and help where I can.  I do feel the book report in class, science fair, book report on France with parts due every few days, poem to memorize by next week are excessive in addition to his daily hour of spelling, reading, math, etc.  But where else would he go?  He loves Gifted and his friends he has made at Legacy.  Hmmm...another dilemma to deal with.

2 comments:

Miss Sue said...

sometimes one thing has to be let go of and its okay. :) we did that with a poem once and the school didnt fall, and the Grade was made up. :) He's a great kid!

Tamara said...

Hunter said that he hated me once and he wanted to move... I said "Let me help you pack..." He was surprised but he didn't want to go. This too shall pass. You are great and your kids are great!