Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Feb. 25, 2010-Josh's Concert and BDay Letter

Written on June 16, 2010 Josh prefers drums over any other percussion:)
Grandma and Grandpa were still here from Grandpa's surgery and got to come to Josh's Band Concert. Josh did great and we were proud to be there with him!

I didn't get to write his letter for his birthday so I'd like to now.
My Sweet Joshua
In this your 13th year...
As I watch you grow each year I see such a depth of sensitivity and love blossoming.
You have incredible talents and abilities. You have quickly become awesome on the drums and seem to have a natural ability to pick up anything new with rhythm. You are excellent at the bells and worked hard to learn them even though they aren't your favorite. I know you will do great things and be anything you dream of. I hope you try new things and let yourself grow and learn how far your gifts will take you. I love your mischievous little grin and your truly happy smile. I love laughing with you and listening to what's happening with your life and friends. I love your enthusiasm over your new lowrider motorcycle. It was so touching to watch you charge your bike each night during school so that you could give Ben a ride before school each morning. He loves you and this was special time with you. It was so kind of you and you enjoyed it as well.
I'm so grateful for you! You have a kind heart and look for good even when it's hard. You have a strong testimony and I couldn't hold back the tears when I heard you for the first time in April 2010 Fast & Testimony meeting get up. I know that was very difficult for you and I was so proud of you. You were an answer to my prayers that day and a reassurance that we as parents are doing something right. I needed to hear your testimony to strengthen mine. Thank you for trying to do what's right and for wanting to learn the gospel. You are a good example to your younger siblings. I always say that I've never been the parent of teenagers before and we have to learn and grow together. We do make mistakes and hope you give us forgiveness as well. Hopefully we work out some kinks with Dallin and you get the benefit:) Please know we are always here for you and want to know your real feelings. Our love is unconditional and we are here to help. You have worked hard to be kind to your siblings and you show more control each day.
I love your excitement to learn in school and you are blessed with the ability to learn quickly and think deeply. You have amazing creativity! Look into all sorts of careers and find something you love to do because you can do anything! You are a hard worker and you like to finish the job and I love that about you! You prefer to work outside and love to be outdoors, even in the heat. Wow!
You have good friends and you are a good friend. I'm so proud of you branching out this year and making a whole new set of good friends and for keeping your standards with the old. I'm glad you get to enjoy airsoft wars and cool boy toys that we don't have here. I'm proud of you and all you are accomplishing in Scouting. What a blessing your work now in Scouts will be later.
I love you so much and feel so blessed to be chosen as your Mom!
All My Love,
Mom
For your 13th Birthday

No comments: