Thursday, August 13, 2009

Computer Crash!

July 4th Weekend, 2009
OK, so in July right after our Sheppard Family Reunion I lost everything on my computer! Yes, the new computer that all my pictures were on! I had already deleted the pictures from my camera in anticipation of our CA trip. I lost from March 09-July 09 which is hundreds of irreplaceable photos and memories. That is really all I
cared about losing! Here are some pics I grabbed from facebook from Becca of us at the reunion but I'm so sad and hope to get more from my family better quality to actually print. This is our car all decorated for the family parade on the 4th of July. The kids were so cute and patriotic! They loved the gross water in the spa with all their cousins - no adults braved it! Dallin, Josh and Brennen loved the pyrotechnics with Uncle Jeff and Uncle Jared and anyone they could get to supervise their own fireworks show. We stayed in a huge house all together and it was a blast! Another highlight for me was the Oquirhh Mountain Temple open house. It was so beautiful! I enjoyed getting to talk about sacred things with my children and knowing what I could tell them from the cards in each room. I hope someone has a picture of all of us there or of the temple I could get.

Funny Ben story though: While at the open house of the temple Ben was not quite the quiet, reverent child he should be. He was so loud that Wes took him out into the hall by the time we got to the sealing room. He ended up in a different sealing room with Greg with one of his kids as well. Anyway, you know how mild and quiet Wes is and he is very respectful to women. While sitting in the hall Ben began telling every woman that passed by, "Hey Baby, You're Hot!" Yes, Wes was moritfied and how do you explain that really? Dallin had thought it was fun to teach Ben this phrase so he will someday get all the girls. Well, you can imagine the little talk we had on the way back to the house about proper respect for women and girls and Priesthood duties. While funny, it's just not appropriate. Ben's antics need to be documented and a few more are coming as I catch up with my blog. Oh that sweet boy!







1 comment:

Melissa said...

Nicole ~

Any chance of taking the computer somewhere to retrieve the photos? Our hard drive crashed and the lovely guys at the computer repair place were able to get our photos off of it, though they couldn't repair it!

Love ya -- miss ya!